Johannes Tourout I erschienen
The first volume of the new KVNM-series "Johannes Tourout. Ascribed and attributable compositions in 15th-century sources from Central Europe", edited by Jaap van Benthem, has been published! Vol. I contains two masses: Missa Mon oeil • Missa Groß Sehnen ich im Herzen trage.
According to a papal document in the Vatican archives, dated July 1460, the singer Johannes Tourout, cleric from the diocese of Tournai/ Doornik and member of the familia of the Holy Roman Emperor Frederick III, was granted a prebend at the church of Our Lady in Antwerp. Before this document became available, 20th -century references in literature were to ‘Johannes Touront’, the name added to some of his compositions. Publication of the Vatican document put an end to various speculations about his origin: Johannes Tourout was most probably born in (or near) the small town of Torhout/Thourout, situated in the western part of Flanders, near Bruges. Compositions ascribed to him are transmitted in the Trent Codices and Central-European Sources, but their style clearly suggests an initial musical training within Flanders or French-speaking territories. By his technical abilities and his clearly recognizable musical language the composer appears to have been not only a practical musician, but still more, one of the important initiators of a new era in which the treatment of text and music turned from a highly individual attitude into a more direct communication of feelings and emotions. Influence of the expanding literary art of the ‘Rederijkers’ (rhetoricians) in circles of the intellectual bourgeois in Flanders may be assumed.
- Allerlei Neuigkeiten
- SoundMe Concert op het Begijnhof in Amsterdam
- Ein neues Video zur Sound Memories Konferenz Utrecht Mai 2018
- Trigon op Vrije Geluiden NPO Radio 4
- Erstes Konzert Ensemble Trigon mit Musik aus dem Beginenhof in Amsterdam
- Endlich da!
- A Medieval Christmas
- Klankbord 23 erschienen
- Schatzhüterin. 200 Jahre Klosterkammer Hannover
- Reforming faith: continuity and disruption in the uses of music
- Die Zisterzienser - Konzeptionen klösterlichen Lebens
- Website SoundMe ist online
- Klankbord 21 erschienen
- De andere 15e eeuw: concerten – seminars – workshop
- Klankbord 20 erschienen - 10 jähriges Jubiläum!
- Ein schwäbisches Genie: Hermann der Lahme (1013-1054)
- Sound Memories: The Musical Past in Late-Medieval and Early-Modern Europe ('SoundMe')
- Music notation in Medingen manuscripts preserved in Oxford
- Beginenchöre - eine contradictio in terminis?
- Blockflöte aus dem späten Mittelalter im Röntgenscanner